Tuesday, March 23, 2010

JAI9 Challenge

I finally got the time to do some more stamping!  Tonight, I got caught up on some scrapbook pages and incorporated a sketch challenge in at the same time.  I played along at Just Add Ink sketch challenge.

Here is what I came up with:

I centered the photo on a strip of mellow moss paper.  Then, I added brushed gold brads to the top and bottom corners.  I ripped the edges of the brown paper to add some texture and extra interest.  The flowers on the top left corner were created using the poppin' pastel technique with a two step stamp.  A few weeks ago I received one of my favorite stamp sets - Define Your Life!  I just love all the different words and definitions!  It was hard to use pick just one to use on this page!  I think they are just perfect for scrapbook pages.  Here's the close-up.


Sweet Deets:
Paper: DSP (Non-SU)
Cardstock:  Mellow Moss, Close to Cocoa
Stamps: Define Your Life, Botanical Blooms
Accessories:  Brads, Stampin' Write Markers (Mellow Moss and Close to Cocoa), Stampin' Pastels (Barely Banana, Close to Cocoa), Sponge

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful layout, Heidi. I love the earthy colours, and agree with you about the fabulous stamp set. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colour choices! So soft and really pleasing to the eye. Lovely! Thanks for playing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi, love your layout - it's gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete