Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Weekend! Spring is just around the corner, can you feel it???  Here's a little something I sent to some friends to bring some springtime happiness in the midst of melting snow. 

 

All the flower pots had different colored bottoms (I was using up DSP scraps).  The directions are in the splitcoast technique spotlight.   I used taffetta ribbon and colored in to match the color of the flowerpot.  I stamped the sentiment and punched it with the large oval punch.  Then, I sponged the edges with Melon Mambo.  I stamped the sentiment in melon mambo then with a wet Q-Tip, wiped off  all the words except "friendship."  Then I used pumpkin pie to color the rest of the words.  (If you had the Incolor markers, you could eliminate this q-tip mess).  The ribbon was colored to match the flower pot with using the markers on taffetta ribbon.  The direction on splitcoast tell you to tie the ribbon to keep the flower pot closed, but I had a hard time with that.  So, I used to brads on the edges to keep it closed and then the ribbon didn't have to be super-tight. 

Sweet Deets:
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Stamps: Wings of Friendship
DSP: Always Artichoke, Razzleberry Lemonade
Accessories: Taffetta Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie and Always Artichoke Stampin Write Markers, brads,





No comments:

Post a Comment